In general use of this site Multisensory Ireland does not store or capture data about you, other than to log your IP address and session details, like the number of pages you view and the type of browser you use.
Your IP address and session details are automatically recognised by the Web server and we use the information only for system administration and to help us evaluate use of the network of websites so that we can continue to develop and improve our online services.
Where any personal data, like your name and address, is requested you will always be advised why it is needed, what it will be used for and how you can contact us to have the details amended or deleted.
For example, you would need to fill in your name and email for enquiries through the website contact form. You can decide if you want to accept cookies by changing the settings on your computer. If you do not accept cookies some features on our sites will not work as we intend.
Personal responsibility and choice
Disclosure of personal, private and confidential material is at your own risk. Any information you choose to disseminate on the website, reader comment pages or blogs becomes public information and, subject to our Terms, remains online. We cannot control site users and advise you to exercise care in disclosing personal information on the internet. However, we shall take care of any personal information you supply to us as described in this policy in accordance with data protection legislation. Persons under 16 should not disclose to us any personal information without first getting the permission of a parent or guardian.
By providing personal information to us, you agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of your personal information under this policy.
- Changes of policy – This policy may be revised or updated at any time and we encourage you to familiarise yourself with it and read it frequently to keep yourself updated.
- Collection of personal information – Personal information can be collected by us from you when you register on the website, request services from us or third parties connected with us, email us, use our website, participate in promotions, enter competitions or otherwise provide your personal details.
- Other information – In addition to personal information we obtain, including your name, postal and email addresses and telephone numbers, we may also collect information that is in no way personally identifiable. This may include the operating system you are working on, the internet browser you are using, the domain name of your internet service provider and the websites you visit directly before and after your visit.
- Cookies – A “cookie” is a piece of software which can stick to a computer’s hard drive and recalls details about how your computer operates. We reserve the right to use this information to track your movements through our website. Personal information about you is not collected during this process. You can disable the cookies if your browser allows this. For further information on how to do this, please refer to www.allaboutcookies.org. However, you might not be able to use some of our on-line services if you follow this. We have no control over any cookies sent by third party websites.
- Use of your personal information – Your personal information, including contact information such as postal and email addresses and telephone numbers, may be used to:
- Process your orders;
- Take payment from you or give you a refund;
- Personalise your shopping experience, for example by understanding your location or how you use our apps and websites to provide you with personalised offers or shopping ideas;
- Help us ensure that our customers are genuine and to prevent fraud;
- Conduct market research, either ourselves or by using with reputable agencies;
- For statistical analysis;
- Find ways to improve our services and website;
- Contact you about our products and services from us;
- Provide you with online advertising;
- Provide for the safety and security of our colleagues and customers; and
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
- Disclosure of personal information to third parties – Your personal information will be disclosed if required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the Police or the Department for Work and Pensions.
- Retention of personal information – We will keep your personal information securely on our systems for as long as may be necessary for the purposes described in this policy. At any time you can tell us if you do not want us to continue to store and use your details and we will erase them and cancel your registration for the website, although we may need to keep for a minimum of 12 months thereafter any messaging transcript data in connection with the use of the website.
- Data protection – You are entitled to request personal data that we hold about you for a small charge. You can insist that we correct any information about you.
- Third party policies – Third parties and websites linked to our site may collect or use information about you. We are not liable for the information practices of unconnected companies or other persons except as may be required by law.