- Any Items Supplied or Installed by Multisensory Ireland are the property of Multisensory Ireland until full payment has been received.
- Multisensory Ireland reserves the right to take back items not paid for.
- All items supplied are at the clients own risk.
- It is up to the client to seek advice from an Occupational Therapist or relevant trained medical practitioner on the use of any equipment supplied.
- All Multisensory Rooms and O/T Rooms should be used as a one on one basis. The carer/teacher/parent etc. should seek the advice of a trained O/T or relevant practitioner on the proper use of the equipment.
- We accept no responsibility for any accidents due to the negligence of the client for improper use of the equipment.
- It is up to the customer to maintain the equipment. Multisensory Ireland take no responsibility due to the negligence of the client to maintain and service regularly the equipment.
- Multisensory Ireland cannot guarantee the water quality of the water in Bubble Tubes.
- It is up to the client to make sure proper cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- Any Suspended equipment should be used in accordance to HSE/HAS Guidelines and proper checks should be put in place to maintain these.
- Any suspended equipment installed is for therapeutic use only and not to be used as a swing/Play Item.
- All equipment should have daily/weekly and yearly checks by a competent person and a record of these checks should be kept. Any defect should be reported to the relevant authorities and Multisensory Ireland Immediately.
- All items are guaranteed for 1 year of normal wear and tear.
Description of Goods:
- Any Samples, drawings, descriptions or illustrations contained in our published materials (including this site), are issued or published solely to provide you with an approximate idea of the goods they describe: they do not form part of the contract between you and us for the sale of the goods and are subject to correction without any liability on the of Multisensory Ireland.
- We may make minor changes, which do not materially affect the performance of the goods, to the specification of the goods at any time and without notice.
- The images of the goods shown in the 3D Designs or printed catalogue are for illustrative purposes only. Variations in the colour due to photography, publishing or your computers display can occur.
- You Acknowledge that the order is placed at your own risk if, for example the colour, shade representation, dimensions or texture of the goods differs from the image in the published materials.
- If we discover an error in the price of the goods you have ordered (e.g. incorrect price displayed in one of our catalogues, online or in any other materials or media (, we will contact you to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the goods at the correct price or cancelling the order.
- Please note that we do not have to provide the goods to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
- Please always read labels, warnings and directions provided with the goods before use.
- We accept no responsibility for any drawings, design, measurement or specification not prepared by Multisensory Ireland.
- We may require you to take up all or some carpets and/or floor coverings before we start the works: we will advise you if we need you to do so. You may decide to call a specialist contractor to do this work for you. Alternatively, it may be possible for us to do this work for you at a cost which we will agree in advance. It will be your responsibility to replace the flooring when the works are completed.
- It is your responsibility to ensure Multisensory Ireland are made aware of any concealed pipes (including water and/or gas~) and any electrical or telephone/ data cabling in the location of the works. We will not be held responsible for damage to any of these services if this information is not provided.
- Any defects or deficiencies subsequently found in the structure or premises which require to be attended to for the satisfactory completion of the order will be your responsibility. It is deemed that all areas are free of asbestos or any other hazardous materials. However, should this not be the case a clear definition must be provided to enable the works as stated in the order to continue. Any variation in costs will be your responsibility.
- We will take responsible care to carry out the works without causing unnecessary damage to your property. While we will make good any damage caused on our behalf, you except that installation and related work may cause some damage to furnishings, both internally and externally, and that certain areas may need redecoration following completion of the installation. Redecoration will be your responsibility and in not included in the quotation/order.
- If there are specific installation practises that you would prefer Multisensory Ireland not to employ (e.g. using visible cable trunking) then you must inform us of this in writing no less than 14days prior to the commencement of the works. We will advise you if this has been included in the quotation and, if not, advise you of the additional cost of complying with your request.
- We shall not be held liable for any works undertaken at your request if that work requires planning or other consents, which you have not obtained, it is your responsibility to apply and pay all appropriate fees for such consent prior to the commencement of the order. Multisensory Ireland shall not have any liability for unauthorised works and you indemnify us for any losses howsoever arising that we incur from your failure to obtain such permission.
- It is your responsibility to ensure, before Multisensory Ireland start the works, that there is adequate electricity supply as required, it may be possible to us to provide this although a separate quotation would be required for the additional work.
- Where Multisensory Ireland have connected new equipment to your existing equipment, we will not accept responsibility for the cost of repairing or replacing parts of your existing equipment which subsequently develop faults, unless we have been negligent in not realising that such damage may occur or the way Multisensory Ireland carried out the work caused the fault.
- Some equipment Multisensory Ireland install may come with a separate manufacturer’s warranty. You are responsible for checking whether a separate warranty applies to the equipment Multisensory Ireland installs and you are responsible for maintaining any such warranty with the manufacturer directly.
Damage in Transit:
- For supply only goods, you must report the damage upon delivery and note it on the delivery document upon receipt.
- Failure to report this to us within 24 hours will invalidate any claim with regards to the goods.
- The packaging of the damaged item must be retained for inspection.
- Dates for delivery of the goods or works are estimates only and are subject to our availability schedule. We shall make every reasonable effort to meet any delivery/installation dates acknowledged but shall not be liable for failure to meet such dates.
- We will deliver/install the goods to the designated address in the order, or such other address as we both agree, which will be confirmed in advance. You should ensure that you are, or a trusted representative is, physically present at the time of delivery/ installation. We will presume that any person at any address you specify has the authority to receive the order on your behalf.
- If we are unable to deliver the whole of the order at one time due to, for example, operational reasons or shortage of stock, we may deliver the order in instalments. There will be no additional delivery cost for this. Where Multisensory Ireland exercises its right to deliver the order in instalments, the original contract shall be deemed varied and divided into separate contracts for each instalment.
- Deliveries shall be made by us or an appointed third party to the delivery premises. Where you request delivery to be made to a location within the delivery premises. You shall advise us accordingly at the time of placing the order for which there may be an additional charge. We do not guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your delivery request. However, we should be able to, you agree to procure all access and relevant facilities (e.g. use of a lift).
- When you purchase goods from us, if something goes wrong with the goods, you should always contact us and we will do whatever we can to help. We may repair, replace or refund you for any goods that have a material default at the point of sale, and up to a period of twelve (12) months from the date of delivery, provided the faulty goods are returned complete with all components. Unless you specifically request a repair, replacement or refund, Multisensory Ireland will suggest the most applicable in the circumstances. However, this warranty does not apply in the circumstances below:
- Fair wear and tear.
- You, or any third party, not taking sufficient care, wilful damage or accident.
- Improper use or installation by the customer.
- Use of goods outside the specifications or specific application, detailed in any Multisensory Ireland documentation (including on any website, etc.) relating to the goods.
- Where the goods have been repaired or modified by persons not authorised by Multisensory Ireland.
In these conditions, the terms data controller, data processor, personal data, sensitive personal data and processing shall be as defined in the European Data Protections Directive 95/46/EC and “Data” shall mean the personal data and sensitive personal data provided to us in connection with these conditions. “Data Protections Law” means applicable data protection legislation implementing the European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and any amendments, revisions, re-enactments or consolidations thereof.
You Acknowledge that you are a data controller and that we are a data processor.
- Use the Data only on your instructions as set out or referred to in these conditions to provide the goods.
- Provide appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the security of the Data, in particular against unauthorised or unlawful access or processing, alteration, accidental loss or destruction or damage to the Data
- And take all reasonable steps to ensure the reliability of any of our staff who have access to Data processed in connection with the supply of the goods.